Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Living in the fridge

This week kicked off a seeding extravaganza! April is in full-swing and it is time to get busy in the greenhouse. This is one of the trickiest time of the season: the days, when sunny like today, can get really hot in the GH - if left unmonitored, it could really get up to 120+ degrees in there! But the nights are still really cold - tonight's projected low is 20. So I have to run the heater at night and open the doors and vents during the day... And the little baby seeds don't like big temp swings, so regulation is key!

Anyway, the past few days have been heavy seeding days. In less than a month, the fridgerminator has gone from this to this:

  

I have to admit, when I took this photo, all I could hear in my head is Weird Al's "Livin' in the Fridge". God - remember that one?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment